Did you know that nitrous oxide can be used in sedation dentistry procedures to help relax patients who suffer from ailments such as dental anxiety? For a better understanding of the basics of nitrous oxide, listed below are some key facts points pertaining to it:
– Nitrous oxide is better known as “laughing gas.” It can often make a person feel light-headed or relaxed for a while.
– When nitrous oxide is given as a sedative in dentistry, it is administered through the use of a small mask that fits over your nose and mouth.
– Nitrous oxide for use with inhaled sedation is considered the mildest form of sedative and the only one in which it is deemed safe for a patient to drive themselves home after their dental procedure.
– Nitrous oxide is a gas that is mixed with oxygen to form a mild sedative that is inhaled to help with dental anxiety and discomfort.
– Nitrous oxide wears off extremely quickly after the gas mask has been removed.
If you are looking to restore your smile with the help of nitrous oxide, or enhance your smile further, contact Dr. Stephen Coker and our team at Parkway Dental. We can be reached by calling us at 919-380-9622 to book a reservation with our dentist in Cary, North Carolina. Contact us for a brighter whiter smile today!